don't postpone joy

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The chiropractor formerly known as my crush~

I picked him up from the airport yesterday. We were supposed to go car shopping, but his flight was delayed because of weather. I am a masochist. I spent about 5 hours with this man. Just hanging out. He was on the phone and texting. I read. We talked about how he doesn't want a serious relationship because he'll be moving in the next year. He must have talked about 5 other females.

I swear I got up to leave several times. Everytime he grabbed my arm or my leg, pulling me back into the seat beside him, I sat my ass back down. I didn't feel like going home. I could have gone to the gym. (note to self: if this ever happens again, go work out) He's not over his last girlfriend and just went to Austin to see her. He does not want me. I know this. He is emotionally unavailable. I know this.

Now when I'm around him, I don't blush or ramble on like a dork.

He has replica light sabers. We played with those. I did not join the dark side, don't worry. ..but it was fun.

He has a great ass and is almost always silly. Except when I am having a serious conversation with him about anything other than us or his feelings about comittment. The honest truth is(is there any other truth?) that I don't want him like "that" anymore. I'm not quite to the part where I am fixing him up with friends of mine...but that will happen eventually, too. It was comfortable to just sit around his apartment with him. Until he honked my boob like Harpo Marx's horn. Even that was funny. Funny that my panties weren't in their usual state of perplexion when that territory is explored. Funny that he is just a sweet boy who I really don't like like "that" anymore. (I know I already said that...)
And even though I don't...
What I like is that I know he thought I looked hot the other night...and I did. I had on a great lipstick, cute outfit, and some FANTASTIC new shoes. I saw him looking at me. Even though he doesn't want me, for several minutes, the thought was crossing his mind. He said so. Somehow I declined. Why that matters? Who knows?!

The good thing about being friends with my former crush, is that he is a chiropractor and works on me for free. He uses appiled kinesiology to find your adjustment needs. where they originate and where to manipulate. He told me that my adrenals are jacked up, that I need more protein, and that an apple isn't enough for breakfast. I'm gonna do some research on my adrenals...they are two lima bean like glands on top of each kidney(this I already knew) maybe they hold the key to something. Like why my hair is so gray underneath all this color. Or why the rest of my body is about two sizes smaller than my stomach. Maybe my adrenals hold the key to the door that will open a whole new world for me. A world where money is abundant. A world where someone thinks about me all day long, and then whispers in my ear about it when he sees me.
That's a lot of pressure for two lima beans, I know.

I think this concludes my essay on the chiropractor formerly known as my crush. Although this is not entirely in active or passive voice, and it may not flow like a thesis paper should...and adrenal lima beans weren't even in the topic sentence...I'm good.

Life is good.

11 Comments:

At 01 November, 2005 11:04, Blogger tom said...

"He has replica light sabers."

I just see you with an entirely different sort. What about a nice M.D. or even a D.O.

 
At 01 November, 2005 11:16, Blogger daisyduke said...

what about a JD?

 
At 01 November, 2005 11:16, Blogger daisyduke said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 01 November, 2005 13:57, Blogger Kurt said...

isn't it interesting when we get to the point of being able to be friends like that?
I've been married for 22 years and haven't looked for strange. But there have always been some women that I "wondered" about. Sort of "what if" thinking.
The last couple years, however, I find that I am able to interact and work with them and about anyone else without those urges. But I don't think I'm any less "ready" than before. I am just really happy right now and don't think a quick "hit it and quit it" (as Jenn says it) would be that good...

 
At 01 November, 2005 21:21, Blogger Jim Cooper said...

I swear I got up to leave several times. Everytime he grabbed my arm or my leg, pulling me back into the seat beside him...

He must have talked about 5 other females.

It was comfortable to just sit around his apartment with him. Until he honked my boob like Harpo Marx's horn.

I don't want to sound like a complete ass and I know it's none of my business but it doesn't sound like your feelings (or boundaries)are being respected here...
You Deserve Better
aka - you're not a dork.

 
At 02 November, 2005 06:42, Blogger daisyduke said...

boundaries...one of my main issues. I really struggle with this. I have none. It's almost like I stayed there just to torture myself...and then it was comfortable for me to know that I wasn't even on the list. I forget I'm a grownup sometimes. a lot of the time...

 
At 02 November, 2005 06:47, Blogger tom said...

I agree with jim c

 
At 02 November, 2005 09:33, Blogger daisyduke said...

Kurt...when in a comitted relationship, I do not wander. like you every once in a while, observe and wonder for a moment or two...but then not give it another thought. and YOU my friend, respect and love your wife, and don't want anything else. to me it says that you have good communication with and respect for each other. THATs what it's all about!

jimc...you are not a complete ass.
and believe it or not, I know that I deserve better. somewhere, I know it. at least I know everyone deserves better. the hard part is convincing myself that I fall into the everyone category.
there is no way in hell I want someone who doesn't want me. don't want to convince anyone to have the hots for me.
I want it all, and that ain't it.

and feetman...I don't think I could handle an MD...western medicine and me dont usually see eye to eye. PhD maybe...or like I said before--JD...

and Mel...get better and book a trip to dallas--I think a little hell raisin' is just what the doctor ordered.

LOL
no pun intended, but it sure worked out funny!!

 
At 02 November, 2005 12:27, Blogger Kurt said...

oh wait a sec. if you & mel are getting together in dallas, count me in. "but what about the stuff you said, Kurt?"
ok, i lied and am just the same as all those other cheap dirty bastards out for a tawdry night of debauchary. not really but it sounds good. but a toast with you ladies would be a highlight. ;0

 
At 02 November, 2005 13:00, Blogger daisyduke said...

you're too good to be true.
Of course MrsKurtBooth could toast with us, you know~

 
At 02 November, 2005 22:50, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey now..i want in on this party in dallas..could it wait till may?

I got it all over you daisy..the b&c got physical last week..to the tune of some major marks on my body. I am out of here as soon as MY FUCKING DENTAL WORK IS COMPLETE! If I hadn't already taken out a loan for over 2400 to pay for it I would walk now. My job is total shit and although I have told my boss to find someone to take half my load she hasn't done squat.

My point is I deserve better and so do you..you have the power to do what you want and yes sometimes that means putting limits on yourself...what you will and will not do or tolerate from others.I have institued that motton into my life lately and hopefully will see some positive changes soon.

I have faith in you girlfriend that you will do the same :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home